Who can join City Chorus?
- Anyone can! the only stipulation we have is that you are over 16 years old.
- At times we may have to close sections to new members, when this is the case we maintain waiting lists and will notify you as soon as a position becomes available.
- There are no auditions.
- You do not need to be able to read music.
Why join City Chorus?
- We really enjoy singing – you will leave each rehearsal smiling.
- You will gain confidence you never knew you had.
- The Chorus are a friendly bunch of people from all walks of life and will do everything they can to help you fit in.
- City Chorus has an active social calendar including, quiz nights, dinner dances and trips to the theatre.
When do City Chorus rehearse?
- Every Wednesday evening from 7:30pm until 10pm.
- Chorus does not meet for a couple of weeks over the summer and during the Christmas and New year period.
- Throughout the year Chorus holds workshops and extra rehearsals – especially in the lead up to major concerts and events.
Where do City Chorus rehearse?
- Free Church (Main Church),Norton Way South, Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire SG6 1NX
How much commitment do I need to give?
- City Chorus runs a very full programme and, where possible, expects members to attend every week and for the duration of the rehearsal.
- It is expected that Chorus members participate in at least 80% of public performances each year.
- If you feel that the level you are able to commit may be an issue, please discuss it with the New Member Secretary when they call you after you have sent your new member enquiry form.
How much does it cost to join City Chorus?
- The first 2 taster weeks are free to prospective new members.
- There is a joining fee of £20.00 – this fee includes a subsidised rehearsal T-shirt, Music & administration costs.
- A monthly fee of £16.00 is payable on the first Wednesday of each month.
- A Show uniform will need to be purchased along with a formal red or black shirt – The New Member Secretary will discuss this with you on the taster evenings.
- If you experience hardship during your time as a member with City Chorus, there is a fund to help with subs and other costs. If this is the case please speak to a member of the committee.
My family don’t want to sing – but can they get involved?
- We always need help with Ushering at City Chorus Concerts.
- If they have a skill that you believe the Chorus could use ‘behind the scenes’ please let the Chorus Leader or Assistant leader know.
- They could become honorary members by helping out behind the scenes.